I've been interested in films my entire life and now have finally got up and done something about it. Here you will read my thoughts on a different film every week, helping you to decide what to see, maybe even spark up a bit of discussion (basically, tell me if you think I'm wrong). However, don't let this put you off any film, be your own judge as well. Most of all, enjoy, oh and come back.

Friday 13 January 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I have to say, and I am ashamed for doing so, but I haven't seen the original trilogy or even read the books. I know, slap on the wrists, if not a slap on the face. Yet after seeing this film, I've been looking at buying the box-set of the Swedish version, I'm hooked.

The title sequence seemed to me like a more disturbing Bond, especially with Daniel Craig appearing. I suppose the fact that they were a tad disturbing, should have set me up for a couple of hours of me shying away from the screen, to be honest, I'm not sure I've got the stomach for it. The acting from both Craig and Rooney Mara along with the impeccable story line made me stay.

Apart from the few unsettling moments, it is very frank and candid, creating a funny repartee between Craig and Mara. There's so many questions and so much going on but I never once found myself bewildered by any of it, that's good storytelling.

Check it out on IMDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment