I've been interested in films my entire life and now have finally got up and done something about it. Here you will read my thoughts on a different film every week, helping you to decide what to see, maybe even spark up a bit of discussion (basically, tell me if you think I'm wrong). However, don't let this put you off any film, be your own judge as well. Most of all, enjoy, oh and come back.

Friday 4 November 2011

Contagion

I may have made an error in judgement in my choice of film this week, but in my defence the trailer looked quite good. I may have been better off seeing Real Steel (ha).
The introduction showing the subtle spread off germs was disturbing to say the least, it went downhill from here starting with the discovery of the dead. Morbid, I know. Jude Law has gone up and down in my expectations with the amazing Talented Mr. Ripley and the not so amazing Repo Men, quite roller coaster like. His fake Australian accent in Contagion was overly stereotypical, he even went as far as saying "crikey". Marion Cotillard was as stunning as ever, but was hardly seen in the film, I actually forgot about her character at one point. She was definitely not used to her full potential. As for the others, Matt Damon seemed to fade into the background and Gwyneth Paltrow was dead within ten minutes.
Long story short, it was a typical disaster movie with everyone doing what they are told they shouldn't. By my calculations, we'll all my dead by christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment