I've been interested in films my entire life and now have finally got up and done something about it. Here you will read my thoughts on a different film every week, helping you to decide what to see, maybe even spark up a bit of discussion (basically, tell me if you think I'm wrong). However, don't let this put you off any film, be your own judge as well. Most of all, enjoy, oh and come back.

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Safe House

Big Denzel! Oh and Ryan Reynolds, who (whoda thunk it) guards a safe house for the CIA when a criminal (Denzel Washington) comes to visit, turning his life upside down.

So little happens in the first five minutes, but then so much in the first ten. It catches you off guard somewhat. Reynolds' uncertain jitteriness alongside Washington' calm coolness is at times hilarious, yet so fun to watch. Although Washington is considered the experienced criminal, rookie Reynolds puts up a pretty good fight (well he is like twenty years younger, not that you'd know it).

I think the makers of the film hoped by adding a football game half way through that it would turn it into the perfect guy film. Well I can honestly say that, I am a girl and I enjoyed it. Thing I learnt from this film? I never want to be in the CIA.

Check it out on IMDb.

No comments:

Post a Comment