I've been interested in films my entire life and now have finally got up and done something about it. Here you will read my thoughts on a different film every week, helping you to decide what to see, maybe even spark up a bit of discussion (basically, tell me if you think I'm wrong). However, don't let this put you off any film, be your own judge as well. Most of all, enjoy, oh and come back.

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

The story begins with Oskar Schell (Thomas Horn) talking about his father, anyone that has seen the trailers will know that Oskar's father (Tom Hanks) goes on to die in 9/11. It is the story of how he deals with this loss and his many fears.

We gather early on that this boy is not quite normal, with his tambourine and rolled up corduroy trousers, he's basically a male version of Harriet the Spy. Tom Hanks, however short his part, is lovely in his role and Sandra Bullock (who plays Oskar's mother) is so convincing, I cried. I understand that it's a tricky subject to deal with, but the boy is just so frustrating!

It really is a moving story, Hanks and Bullock are great, but that boy... It should be called Extremely Loud & Incredibly Annoying.

Check it out on IMDb.

No comments:

Post a Comment