I've been interested in films my entire life and now have finally got up and done something about it. Here you will read my thoughts on a different film every week, helping you to decide what to see, maybe even spark up a bit of discussion (basically, tell me if you think I'm wrong). However, don't let this put you off any film, be your own judge as well. Most of all, enjoy, oh and come back.

Friday 21 October 2011

Midnight In Paris

I must admit, I was excited to see Woody Allen's latest flick and thankfully, it didn't disappoint. The opening sequence was a beautiful introduction, more like a tourist video for Paris but perfectly fitting, followed by the awkward moments that Allen shows so well. Although Rachel McAdams is one of my favourite actresses of this time, let's face it she was a bit of a bourgeoise bitch, playing the character very well as it made me hate her a little. The meeting of the many artists in the film is fantastic, with Hemmingway being shown as the bigot we know him to be and Dali being shown as a surrealist nutcase. It became somewhat of a game, trying to guess who the artists were before they introduced themselves on screen (I won at guessing Dali by the way).

The story in itself is surreal, but Paris is made out to be such a magical city that anything seems possible. I love a film that teaches me something and in this case it is that any age is golden to the generation that comes after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment